We are incredibly excited to be back for in-person learning! The classrooms have been organized to provide enough space for social distancing and “pod” learning.
If you are researching preschools for the 2021-2022 school year, we invite you to attend a Zoom Q&A Session with the Director, Administrator and a current parent. We will share information about our program and how to register. Visit our Admissions tab for dates and to RSVP.
At Chevy Chase United Methodist Church Preschool (CCUMC Preschool), children are drenched in joy, teachers stay for years and parents are involved.
The program emphasizes learning through play and parental involvement. The low staff/child ratio allows for individual attention for each child.
CCUMC Preschool’s strengths include:
- tremendous amount of weekly enrichment programs including Spanish language instruction for 3s & 4s, music classes, gross motor movement classes and French language instruction for our Pre-K classes
- various monthly specials such as community field trips, GIGS musical concerts, exotic animal visits, Mad Science, docents from the Library of Congress teaching African music and dance, pizza making with chefs from Potoma Pizza and visits from community service professionals including firefighters, police officers, dental hygienists and naturalists
- two of the areas largest preschool playgrounds designed specifically for our age groups
- ten large, bright, well-equipped classrooms and a multi-purpose room for indoor play during inclement weather
- well-trained, nurturing and professional staff with long ties to the preschool and surrounding community
- flexibility in scheduling options for the mornings and afternoons
- dedicated Pre-K classroom for children who turn 5 early in the school year or for those children who may need another year of Pre-K before heading off to Kindergarten
Check out our video below to see what sets us apart from other preschools or better yet, come to one of our scheduled tours.