At Chevy Chase United Methodist Church Preschool (CCUMC Preschool), children are drenched in joy, teachers stay for years and parents are involved.
The program emphasizes learning through play and parental involvement. The low staff/child ratio allows for individual attention for each child.
CCUMC Preschool’s strenghs include:
- tremendous amount of weekly enrichment programs including Spanish language instruction for 3s & 4s, music classes, gross motor movement classes and French language instruction for our Pre-K classes
- various monthly specials such as community field trips, GIGS musical concerts, exotic animal visits, Mad Science, docents from the Library of Congress teaching African music and dance, pizza making with chefs from Potoma Pizza and visits from community service professionals including firefighters, police officers, dental hygienists and naturalists
- two of the areas largest preschool playgrounds designed specifically for our age groups
- ten large, bright, well-equipped classrooms and a multi-purpose room for indoor play during inclement weather
- well-trained, nurturing and professional staff with long ties to the preschool and surrounding community
- flexibility in scheduling options for the mornings and afternoons
- dedicated Pre-K classroom for children who turn 5 early in the school year or for those children who may need another year of Pre-K before heading off to Kindergarten
Check out our video below to see what sets us apart from other preschools or better yet, come to one of our scheduled tours.